Hi there and welcome to Coohom! This article covers the basics of getting you started in Coohom.
Coohom is a cloud-based design platform that aims to provide you with an easy-to-use what you see is what you get interface with high quality and high speed rendering. Here's how Coohom is organized:
- Floor Plan is built for you to design your own projects by drawing walls and rooms, creating doors and windows and adding some structural components. This section helps you with the first stage.
- Model Library contains building materials, furniture and decor. After creating the basic home or room layout, you can go through this library to pick your favorite products and add them into your floor plan.
- My Account records your favorites, history and uploads. You can manage the products you liked and upload your own products here.
- Advanced Tools section has construction and customization tools to help you accomplish more advanced building structure and complex cabinet customization.
- Top toolbar provides basic operations and toolkits to ease your work. Click Render to get high-quality images for your floor plan. Adjust advanced settings and create different light angles to produce life-like pictures on your own. And don't forget to check and download renderings in the Gallery.
- Floor Plan Navigator displays the entire floor plan showed in your current canvas. It can help you locate the target room space you selected.
- Right panel plays a significant part in building your project. Properties can be modified and product information can be looked at here by selecting your objects.
- Bottom toolbar enables you to zoom in, zoom out or zoom extents the entire floor plan. In addition, you can switch among 2D, 3D and ceiling views via this toolbar to observe your project in different ways.
Few Steps Help You Complete A Basic Project
Draw walls and rooms
When you get into our DIY tool, the first thing you should do is to create your floor plan, because other functions are all based on it. To help you work this part out, please:
1. Click Floor Plan＞Wall Structures＞Wall in the left panel.
2. Left click to define a starting point on the canvas and drag the wall length to your liking (or directly input the ideal length in the length box). Then, left click to confirm or right click to exit the function.
3. Modify the wall you selected via the floating toolbar.
4. If needed, click the target wall and change more properties of it in the right panel.
Related link: Wall types
1. Click Floor Plan＞Wall Structures＞Room in the left panel.
2. Left click to define a starting point on the canvas and drag to draw your room. In this step, you can still use the wall length box mentioned above to ease your work. Then, left click to confirm or right click to exit the function.
3. Modify the target room via the floating toolbar.
How to modify my wall type
How to modify room names
How to delete my room
How to paint only one wall at a time
How to change the direction of the floor pattern
How to upload CAD files
How to change the unit of measurement
Once the basic floor plan is ready, try adding some components and furniture into it. Our model library in Coohom can hopefully bring you some inspiration.
1. Click Model Library in the left panel.
2. Select or drag your target model into your floor plan.
3. Modify model properties in the right panel by clicking the target one.
Render floor plans
The last step is to adjust the ambience and get renderings for your project. With high quality and high resolution renderings, you can stop using your imagination and see your dream house with your own eyes.
1. Select Render in the header of our 3D floor planner.
2. Choose Front View, Panorama or Top View in the header of the Render page.
3. Select proper options for Aspect Ratios, Resolutions, Ambient Lights, Environment, Wall Modes and Backgrounds in the left panel to complete render settings.
4. Modify your camera settings in the right panel.
5. Decide the scenario you want to capture.
6. Adjust the camera icon in the canvas to change the camera's position and angle.
7. Or directly left click to rotate and right click to move the camera in 3D window on the right side.
8. Click Render to get your stunning images.
9. Click View more under Gallery to check renderings.
Apart from the above questions, some of you may want to know how to upload products and swap textures. This part is just a little bit different from the rest, because it ought to be operated in Merchant Platform.
Merchant Platform is a Coohom SaaS service. Different roles may see different functionalities in the interface. To enter your Merchant Platform, please:
1. Log in with your Coohom account.
2. Click Hi, [your name] at the top of the front page to enter MP.
Getting Started in Coohom Merchant Platform
How to export BOM
How to edit my product information
How to replace my model texture
How to upload enterprise 3D models
How to upload enterprise textures
How to upload enterprise finishes